This dish was inspired by Practical Paleo
- 1 Pkg. (.80 lb) Organic Chicken Tenderloins (@$7 at Strack and Van Til)
- 1/2 bunch organic scallions – sliced (<$1 at Produce Depot)
- 4 T Organic Ghee (@$3 at Amazon)
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts – quartered – rinsed and drained ($3 at Strack and Van Til)
- 1 T Capers – drained (<$1 at Strack and Van Til)
- Juice of 2 Lemons (<$1 at Strack and Van Til)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Saute scallions in 1T ghee until soft. Add artichoke hearts, capers and lemon juice and combine well. Transfer to a baking dish or 9″ pie pan. Arrange chicken tenders in a single layer and drizzle with remaining 3T ghee. Bake uncovered for 30-45 min until chicken is cooked. Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4 at approx. $4 per serving
Skillet Sweet Potatoes!
I thought this tart dish needed a sweet side dish … so I peeled and cubed an organic sweet potato and combined it in my iron skillet with a strip of bacon that had been “diced”. After the bacon began to brown I added a sprinkle of Penzy’s *SUNNY PARIS* seasoning then covered the skillet and finished baking it for about 15 min at 375F. Delish!