It’s fall and the season must be right for green peppers, because the organic peppers looked fabulous at the market this week. Here is a recipe adapted from Cooking Against the Grain.
- 4 Organic Green Bell Peppers – (@ $8 from Meijer)
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Beef (@ $5 from Costco)
- 1/2 Organic Onion – chopped (@$1 from Meijer)
- 1 Clove Garlic – minced
- 4 Baby Bella Mushrooms – diced (@$1 from Meijer)
- 1/2 Head of Organic Cauliflower – riced (@ $2 from Produce Depot)
- 3 oz. Organic Tomato Paste (@$1 from Meijer)
- 1 t Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 T Organic Coconut Oil (<$1 from Costco)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 9 x 13 baking dish with coconut oil. Using food processor, rice cauliflower and set aside. Clean peppers, removing stems and internal membranes. Cut them in half so they are easy to stuff 🙂 Brown the ground beef in a large pan over medium heat. When beef is cooked through, add salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms and onions and cook 5 minutes. Add riced cauliflower and saute for another 3 minutes. Add in tomato paste and mix well. Stuff peppers and arrange in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm
Serve 8 people at approx $3 per serving.