When that craving for noodles or pasta hits … I find myself a spaghetti squash and am soon satisfied. It’s a little twist on the traditional family recipe, but I really don’t miss the pasta!!
- 1/2 Green Bell Peppers – chopped (@ $1 from Meijer)
- 1/2 Red Bell Peppers – chopped (@ $1 from Meijer)
- 1/2 Organic Onion – chopped (@ $1 from Meijer)
- 1.25 lb. Organic Ground Bison (@ $12 from Meijer) – or Ground Beef
- 12 oz. Organic Tomatoes Diced (@ $2 from Meijer)
- 24 oz. Organic/Non-GMO Pasta Sauce ($7 from Produce Depot)
- 1 t Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Small Organic Spaghetti Squash – halved and cleaned (@$2 from Produce Depot)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking dish or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place squash cut-side down and bake for 1 hour.
While squash is cooking, brown ground beef or bison in a large skillet with peppers and onions. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes, pasta sauce and spices. Simmer on low 30-45 minutes.
When squash is cooled just enough to handle, use a fork to “scrape” the noodles into a serving dish. Top with warm bolognese sauce. Season with Italian seasoning and enjoy!
Serve 6 people at approx $5 per serving.