Do you remember the sandwiches you ate for lunch? Back when I ate bread – these were a regular lunch item for me. Honestly, I cannot believe I am going to reveal this to you all, but I TRULY do not miss bread. Not at all. But I do miss sandwiches! So, the lettuce wrap is a favorite food of mine.
I could not find any organic lunchmeat, so I did the best I could:
- 4 medium Organic Romaine Lettuce Leaves (@$1 from Meijer)
- 2 pcs Hormel’s Natural Choice Ham (@$1 from Meijer)
- 2 pcs Hormel’s Natural Choice Turkey (@$1 from Meijer)
- 2 slices Kerrygold (from Grass fed cows) Cheese (@ $1 from Aldi)
- 1 Campari Tomato, sliced (@$1 from Meijer)
- Dash of OrganicVille Yellow Mustard (from Herb Thyme)
- Splash of Trader Joe Organic Mayonnaise (I ordered online from Amazon, because I could not find a source nearby)
Makes 2 wraps and I ate them both …. so, about $5 per serving
If you are strictly PALEO, skip the cheese in this recipe. But if you can tolerate dairy it makes a great addition!