The photos aren’t so great – but the soup was! I started with a recipe called “Grain Free Turkey Noodle Soup (Paleo, Gaps, SCD, Low Carb)” that I found by GrassFedGirl.com. But, I didn’t want to cook a spaghetti squash. Yep. I was tired!!! And I needed soup. And I had all this great organic turkey – and the broth I saved – from Thanksgiving. So …. anyway … this is how I made a delicious after the holidays meal!
- 1 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter or Ghee (<$1 at Amazon)
- 1 Organic Onion, diced (<$1 from Meijer)
- 3 Organic Celery Stalks, diced (@ $1 from Meijer)
- 2 Organic Carrots, sliced (<$1 from Costco)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups homemade turkey/chicken broth (mine was a little sweet and savory, because of the maple syrup in my broth)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 3 cups Organic Cooked Turkey, cubed – leftovers
- 1 package Organic Broccoli Slaw (@ $3 @ Meijers)
Melt the butter in a soup pot. Add the carrots, celery, onions, salt and pepper to the pot and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. When the onions are soft add the parsley and meat to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the broccoli slaw to the pot and cook for 10 more minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste and top with more parsley if desired.
And – Noodles? What noodles? I did not miss them at all!!!
Serves 10 people at less than $1 per serving (using the leftover turkey) – Wow!