Would you believe me if I told you this soup was gluten free, dairy free, paleo AND Whole30 compliant? I could add satisfying, delicious AND family-friendly. Then, I would also tell you that it is pretty easy to make in the crock pot. Okay, now I have your attention, right?
Here’s how easy it is. Gather up the following ingredients:
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (<$1 at Herb Thyme)
- 1 sweet onion, diced ($1 at Herb Thyme)
- 4 cloves of Organic Garlic – minced (<$1 at Produce Depot)
- 2 Organic Carrots – shredded (<$1 at Costco)
- 3 stalks Organic Celery – chopped ($1 at Produce Depot)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Organic Crushed Red Pepper flakes to taste
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – cut into 1/2 inch strips ($8 at Strack and Van Til)
- 28 oz jar Organic Tomatoes ($3 at Herb Thyme)
- 10 oz can Ro*Tel Original Tomatoes ($1 at Strack and Van Til)
- 32 ounces Organic Chicken Broth ($3 at Herb Thyme)
Heat your crockpot/slow cooker to high with olive oil and onions place a dash of olive oil and cook until translucent. Add garlic, sea salt and pepper and pepper flakes. Cook until soft, then add all of your remaining ingredients. Cover and let cook on low for 2-3 hrs.
Once the chicken is fully cooked remove the chicken to a cutting board and use 2 forks to pull chicken into shreds. Place chicken back in pot and you are ready to serve.
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine (<$1 at Produce Depot)
- 1 Organic Avocado – peeled, pitted and chopped ($2 at Strack and Van Til)
Top with avocado slices and fresh cilantro. For extra flavor, squeeze some lime juice or melt ghee on top if you like 🙂 Serve hot and steamy and ENJOY!
Serve 8 people at under $3 per serving.
Oh – here is what the ingredients look like: