Cooking with fresh herbs is an incredibly easy way to make great tasting meals – and very easy to do, too! This dinner requires one oven, one large baking dish and 4 hungry people. (Adjust quantities as needed!)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Natural Pork Chops
- 6 Organic Carrots, cut to even sized pieces about 3″ long
- 6 Organic Parsnips, cut to even sized pieces about 3″ long
- 12 Green Onions, green tops only, 2″long
- Sea Salt – to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, minced
Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare spices by combining parsley, sage, thyme and rosemary in small bowl. Coat baking dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange all your veggies, toss with olive oil and salt. Season with 3 tablespoons of herb mixture and combine well. Bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, season the pork chops with salt, olive oil and remaining herb mixture. After the veggies have gotten their head-start in the oven (the 30 minute time is ringing!) top the veggies with seasoned pork chops and return to oven for another 25 minutes, or until pork is done to your liking.
Yep – It is whole30 compliant and low fodmap, too!
It’s a little different twist on the casseroles of my early days of cooking – but the flavors are amazing! Hope you enjoy …