This dinner was inspired by the fresh asparagus from my own little garden (yay!) and the organic chicken breasts I found at the market this week. Most of other ingredients I had on hand.
- 2 Organic Smart Chicken breasts ($9 from Strack and Van Til)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Organic Scallions, diced to 1/4″ pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Organic Coconut Oil for marinade
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil for cooking
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Combine the chicken breast, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to make your marinade. Let the chicken marinate for about 30 minutes. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add coconut oil. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until completely cooked through. Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
I served this with an organic salad (arugula and grape tomatoes) and the asparagus and mushrooms, but you could use almost any greens or vegetables you have on hand. So refreshing on a warm summer evening!
And … if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, it makes a great salad for tomorrow’s lunch!