I just love cooking on the grill during warm weather! This is one of my favorite “go-to” meals.
Finding great grass fed beef, is getting easier here in Northwest Indiana … but this batch came from Tallgrass that I found at Welch’s Meat Market in St. John, Indiana. The flavor was amazing.
- 1 pound Tallgrass Grass Fed Ground Beef ($8 from Welch’s Meat Market)
- Organic Portabello Mushroom Cap – seasoned with Turkish Spice Blend from Penzy’s Spice
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Serve with an assortment of your favorite condiments … organic lettuce, fresh organic tomato, onion, pickles and mustard are always on hand around this place.
TIP: I generally grill twice the amount we need for serving dinner, and use leftovers on salads the following day.
There you have it! Two meals for the work of one 🙂
Oh – and the side dish of sweet potatoes was super easy, too:
- 1 Organic Yam ($2 from Produce Depot) – it was a giant!
- 3 Strips Sugar Free Pork Bacon
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Still hard to find (okay – it is impossible) in my region of Indiana, but US Wellness Meats sells great Sugar Free Pork Bacon.