Summertime is travel-time for many people … and I was no exception this Summer. My travels took me to Colorado to celebrate the 4th of July events in the Denver/Boulder area. At first, I was quite concerned that it would be difficult to make healthy choices on the road – but (in fact) I am happy to report that “it was not difficult at all”!
Here is a quick look at what nourishment on the road looks like to me:
- Poached Eggs with veggies, avocado and fresh fruit (the Buff in Boulder, CO)
- Bacon, Eggs and fresh berries (The JW Marriott, Boulder, CO)
- Bacon, Eggs and fresh fruit (the Buff in Boulder, CO)
- House Salad with 1/2 Turkey/Bacon/Avocado sandwich “deconstructed” (The Rock Ship Grill at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, CO)
- Flatiron Steak Salad [no potato, no cheese, dressing on the side] with fresh avocado (the ModMarket, Longmont, CO)
- Herb Crusted Wild Salmon with sage-cauliflower puree and roasted root medley (Blooming Beets Kitchen in Boulder, CO)
- “Barker Burger” Grass Finished Bunless Burger with sage-cauliflower puree and Swiss Chard medley (Blooming Beets Kitchen in Boulder, CO)
- The Elk Burger with Bacon and Avocado [no bun] (Wapiti Restaurant & Pub in Estes Park, CO)
- Raw macadamia nuts, pistachios and coconut flakes – a sort of trail mix that traveled with us everywhere we went (Sprouts Supermarket in Boulder, CO)
- Water, water and more water!
- Yes … coffee, too!!!
See how easy that was? whew!!!!