Chicken Jambalaya! Healthy. Tasty. Spicy. Warm. It’s perfect for a cold winter afternoon (or evening). And, of course, it’s easy to make, too.
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil (< $1 from Herb Thyme)
- 1 Organic Onion, diced (<$1 from Meijer)
- 1 Organic Green Pepper, diced (<$1 from Meijer)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Smart Chicken Organic Chicken Tenders, cut to 1/2″ cubes (@ $10 from Meijer)
- 1 lb. Al Fresco All Natural Chicken Smoked Andouille Sausage, cut to 1/4 slices (@ $5 from Meijer)
- 28 oz. Organic Diced Tomatoes (@ $4 @ Meijer)
- 32 oz. Organic Chicken Broth (@ $4 from Meijer)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot. Add the onions, green pepper, salt and pepper to the pot and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the chicken tenders and cook 10 min, to brown the cubes. Add andouille sausage, tomatoes, broth and spices. Bring mixture to simmer for 20 minutes to blend flavors. Adjust seasonings to taste and top with more cinnamon if desired.
Wow! That was easy! Enjoy!
Serves 8-10 at approx $3 per serving.