Well, I don’t remember Grandma Bobbie making this recipe in the crockpot (which I do) or using “ORGANIC” ingredients … but I can tell you she still enjoys when I bring a batch over for her and Grandpa Glenn to sample. I added the potatoes just for her – because she is not yet a believer in the paleo diet. But, she is embracing my passion for organic foods. Yay, Grandma!
- 2 Organic Onion – quartered (@$2 from Meijer)
- 1.5 lb Organic Beef Pot Roast (@ $12 from Strack and Van Til)
- 4 cups Organic Beef Broth (@ $5 from Produce Depot)
- 1/2 lb Organic Carrots – cleaned and halved (@ $1 from Costco)
- 3 Organic Golden Potatoes – cleaned and quartered (@ $2 from Herb Thyme)
- 1 t Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
Place onions on bottom of crock pot and cover with broth. Place pot roast on top and season to taste. Cook on low for 4.5 hours. Add carrots and allow another hour at low. Add potatoes and cook for 30 minutes more. Total cooking time: approx 6 hours
Serve 6 people at approx $4 per serving.