Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
Last week I made a fabulous Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup (inspired by Practical Paleo). If you haven’t purchased this great cookbook, you should do so right now! It is one of my “GO-TO” sources and is available at amazon (among other places).
Did I say that the soup was eaten so fast – I quickly had to make another batch … keep this recipe handy 🙂
- 4 Cups Organic Broccoli – chopped (@ $2 from Meijer – on sale this week)
- 4 Cups Organic Cauliflower – chopped (@ $5 from Produce Depot)
- 4 cups Organic Chicken Broth (@ $5 from Costco)
- Organic Garlic Granules
- 2 T Ghee or “Grassfed” Butter
- 2 t Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Slices of Coleman Natural – Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon (@ $3 from Costco) – chopped
Steam broccoli and cauliflower with 1 cup water in a large covered pot over medium heat. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add half the broth, and use immersion blender to liquefy the vegetables. Add remaining broth and continue blending until soup is desired consistency. Season with butter, salt and pepper. Serve warm with chopped bacon on top – and fresh herbs if you have them!
Serve 6-8 people at approx $3 per serving.
Organic Breakfast Muffins and Fresh Organic Strawberries
Organic Breakfast Muffins
This breakfast was inspired by Primitivewellnessblog.com
- 12 strips of Coleman Natural – Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon (@ $5 from Costco)
- 12 Organic Eggs (@ $4 from Costco)
- 1 cup Organic Broccoli Florets – diced small (@ $1 from Produce Depot)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap a strip of bacon around the outside edge and bottom of each muffin tin to create a base and sides. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs together and mix in broccoli with salt and pepper if desired. Pour egg mixture into bacon-lined muffin tins. Bake 30 minutes until center is set.
Serves 6 at under $2 per serving.
Serve with a side of fresh organic berries. Delicious!